slartibartfast wrote:
> Do I need to install SSL for this and if so how do I do it? This is on a
> raspberry Pi.
>
> Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hi

You don't -need- SSL for this to work. The plugin defaults to using
https for connecting to and sending data back to the cloud-based skill.
If you don't have SSL support in your LMS, the plugin will fall back to
http. It will still work, it's just that your data is sent 'in the
clear'

One of the testers posted this in the project portal. It may work for
you as well...

> I'm using Ubuntu here and to get the https working I ran the following
> command in Ubuntu:
>
> sudo apt-get install libnet-ssleay-perl libio-socket-ssl-perl
>
> Then I rebooted LMS and now my Alexa traffic is being sent via https.

Let me know how you get on.

Peter

ALEXA LMS SKILL: http://www.hab-tunes.com | Twitter: '#habtunes'
(https://twitter.com/search?q=%23habtunes&src=typd&lang=en)
Personal HA BLOG: http://mediaserver8.blogspot.com

Squeezebox | Squeezebox Radio x 2  | Squeezebox Duet