This weekend I hope to get v0.1.6 released to testers. This is a
significant step up as it now includes both an http proxy and MQTT as
options for communications between the skill and the LMS plugin. I've
alos set up a Repo for the plugin meaning installation and updating  is
less command line and more GUI. With this in place, the plugin is more
or less feature complete and future work will be focused on bug fixes
and optimisations.

That being the case, I'm pleased to announce that this release marks the
commencement of the Alpha test phase of the project. Still a long way to
go and still the potential to completely bork your LMS but a milestone
nevertheless.

On the skill side, I've added support for volume control to the existing
play/pause commands. The focus on the Alpha phase will be the expansion
of the command set to cover a well-rounded sub-set of LMS / Device
functionality. (@nickb has kindly agreed to the proposal that this skill
and his excellent' DIY Secure Integration '
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107009-Announce-squeeze-alexa-DIY-secure-Alexa-integration&highlight=alexa)would
benefit from sharing  a common core command set thus allowing user try
out both and feel familiar in each.) Thus that set of commands (with
some extensions) will be the focus of development over the next few
releases. Once they are implemented, we'll move on to Beta.

With this release, I'm also widening the tester base. There have been
several expressions of interest and offers of help over the past few
weeks and I'll be contacting those users this weekend and inviting them
in to the test portal. (If you don't get an invite by Sunday and think
you should have, I've missed you somehow so please just PM me again with
the email you used to sign up to the Amazon Alexa Developer portal.)

ALEXA LMS SKILL: http://www.hab-tunes.com | Twitter: '#habtunes'
(https://twitter.com/search?q=%23habtunes&src=typd&lang=en)
Personal HA BLOG: http://mediaserver8.blogspot.com

Squeezebox | Squeezebox Radio x 2  | Squeezebox Duet