muntos wrote:
> Hi, I tried to read from the beginning this thread and I'm not sure if
> this plugin/skill combo would work on my configuration: I have a
> Logitech Media Server installed on an Ubuntu machine which also runs
> Squeezelite player for my USB DAC. So no hardware player. With this
> plugin I would be able to control the playing with Alexa (Echo dot)?
> Meaning to tell Alexa to play the current playlist, move next, volume
> up/down, etc ? Thank you !

Hi Muntos

It should work for you. Provided that the Squeezelite shows up in the
LMS as a player, you'll be able to control it with the Alexa skill. I
use softsqueeze in testing along with a range of hardware devices and it
works perfectly.

If you want to sign up for Alpha testing, set up an Amazon developer
account and PM me the email address you used. It is still somewhat
technical and there's always the risk of ruining your LMS set up so I
understand why people might not want to get involved just yet but if you
have a backup and are comfortable configuring your LMS, you should be
fine.

ALEXA LMS SKILL: http://www.hab-tunes.com | Twitter: '#habtunes'
(https://twitter.com/search?q=%23habtunes&src=typd&lang=en)
Personal HA BLOG: http://mediaserver8.blogspot.com

Squeezebox | Squeezebox Radio x 2  | Squeezebox Duet