bpa wrote:
> No. The BBC R3 Flac stream is always in Flac. Once data is being sent
> from plugin to a player it cannot change format without stopping and
> restarting.
That's what I thought, but I got confused by something someone said in
some early post.

> Perhaps I didn't explain my theory properly in the previous post. DASH
> stream allows for some of the characteristics can change dynamically
> while streams is playing. I'm wondering whether some of the parameters
> which are used to calculate the "Live edge" (e.g. the segment number of
> the lastest available segment) change from "Normal " BBC R3 to when
> broadcasting  "Prom live".
>

> edit:
> What is your " second to delay start live stream " setting ?
> What sort of player ?
> Are you transcoding ?
Just to be clear, I'm using the flac manifest
(http://vs-dash-ww-rd-live.bbcfmt.hs.llnwd.net/al/lossless/client_manifest.mpd)
with vlc 3, so the time difference is for flac (rather than aac or
anything else) through vlc versus the plugin.

My seconds to delay is 'no delay'
With VLC I'm playing though pulseaudio to headphones - there may be some
slight resampling going on
With LMS the player is squeezelite - my normal settings there do
transcode up somewhat, but this normally gives next to no delay -
certainly not minutes

LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps.  Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) &
Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC
renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 17.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.