PasTim wrote:
> It's good to know there is a reason behind such things. It is, of
> course, no problem - I'm sure we all much prefer solid sound to the pips
> being accurate!
I may have been setting the value too high because at the time I had
problems with home network and it may have been partial causes of
rebuffering.

I have set guard to 2 segments (2*3.84 =  7.6 secs) and it seems stable
on a Linux system.

I have also just been testing Firefox Flac against Plugin Flac, Plugin
Binaural and direct MP3

The Firefox Flac and Plugin Flac are now about 6-10 secs apart
Firefox Flac is about 1:30 behind Binaural and MP3.

Still need to do a Windows setup.