danmalks wrote:
> I believe I've figured out the options offered by those radio buttons.
>
> On the original issue, is it possible it's related to the fact that the
> 2 Spotify accounts being used in Spotty and tested with on the devices
> are both part of the same family plan?
> https://www.spotify.com/us/family/
>
> I'm asking because I just tested by turning every know firewall or port
> blocking application on the Win 10 machine (where LMS is running)  off
> and I am still gettiing the same problematic behavior as before.
>
> Is there any chance that the family accounts look different than
> "normal" separate accounts to the API and thus things are getting
> confused?
>
> Thanks

I thought I might have figured out the issue, but doesn't seem like it
fixed anything.
Here's what I did:
I went into my broadband router and realized that it has two channels,
one for 2.4 Ghz and the other at 5Ghz, both have the ssid set to the
same name.
So, some devices were on 2.4 and some on 5 and I thought that perhaps,
even tho the devices appear to be on the same subnet via dhcp, perhaps
if some are on 2.4 and some on 5 that there might be some reason some
traffic is not passed across and thus having Spotify connect not working
correctly.

But I tried renaming the 5Ghz ssid in the router and having the "2nd
iPhone" (which had been connected to 5Ghz, while the LMS is connected on
2.4Gz) switch to the 2.4Ghz along with most other devices, but .... no
luck, I still don't see "Dan's Squeeze" show up in it's list of
devices...darn, thought I had it!

Weird thing is, I also noticed on my old iPad Mini (version one, so only
goes to about iOS 9.x or so) that it also has "Dan's Squeeze" in the
devices list.

No idea why one of our iPhone 6s's has "Dan's Squeeze" in the device
list, the iPhone 8 (the "2nd iPhone") does not, and the old iPad mini
does...I'm running out of ideas.