On the original issue, is it possible it's related to the fact that the
2 Spotify accounts being used in Spotty and tested with on the devices
are both part of the same family plan?

No, I doubt that very much. There are lots of users out there with a family plan. I still believe it's some kind of networking/firewalling issue, preventing your devices from seeing the speakers

I'm asking because I just tested by turning every know firewall or port
blocking application on the Win 10 machine (where LMS is running)  off
and I am still gettiing the same problematic behavior as before.

Would you happen to have another computer around which you might use for a test?

--

Michael