I'd posted yesterday in an old thread (and, for what it's worth,
e-mailed the developer) but thought I'd just start a new one here to ask
the question.

I've been using this for about a month, and while the results are pretty
spectacular, I'm seeing some of the "Aretha" type behaviors mentioned
here years ago, although in my case it seems to be related to how I have
the files stored on my server.

I listen totally to older music, and have a big library of CD and vinyl
rips that I've done. So for vintage country, everything will have a
simple generic "country" tag, and then when I tell Sugarcube to limit
genre to match the seed, it works very, very well.

Except that within my main "country" folder on the server, I have two
subfolders - CD and Discs. Sugarcube is, probably 95% of the time,
choosing from CD, although not always, so it's definitely seeing the
latter folder, and I can seed from there with no problem. A regular MiP
mix is a good balance of the two.

I like keeping the CD content away from the vinyl content; I assume the
obvious solution here is to group all together but I'd prefer not to do
that.

I'm running this on an old music-only machine with Windows 7 in 32-bit,
if that makes a difference. That's because I love the sound of this old
soundcard I have to do needledrops and it won't run 64-bit, so this
machine is used only for music.

Just wondering if anybody ever actually solved this alphabetical
thing...I've read all the threads and see a lot of complaints and a lot
of references to settings, etc., but nothing I do with Sugarcube seems
to make a difference. And again the mixes it does with the music it IS
pulling are amazing, just wish it were being more inclusive of my entire
library within any given genre.

I also realize the developer used to push people to his forum, but I
can't seem to find it - does it still exist? This might've been tackled
in depth there, so I'd be happy to research there if I could locate it.