typecrazy789 wrote:
> I'd posted yesterday in an old thread (and, for what it's worth,
> e-mailed the developer) but thought I'd just start a new one here to ask
> the question.
>
> I've been using this for about a month, and while the results are pretty
> spectacular, I'm seeing some of the "Aretha" type behaviors mentioned
> here years ago, although in my case it seems to be related to how I have
> the files stored on my server.
>
> I listen totally to older music, and have a big library of CD and vinyl
> rips that I've done. So for vintage country, everything will have a
> simple generic "country" tag, and then when I tell Sugarcube to limit
> genre to match the seed, it works very, very well.
>
> Except that within my main "country" folder on the server, I have two
> subfolders - CD and Discs. Sugarcube is, probably 95% of the time,
> choosing from CD, although not always, so it's definitely seeing the
> latter folder, and I can seed from there with no problem. A regular MiP
> mix is a good balance of the two.
>
> I like keeping the CD content away from the vinyl content; I assume the
> obvious solution here is to group all together but I'd prefer not to do
> that.
>
> I'm running this on an old music-only machine with Windows 7 in 32-bit,
> if that makes a difference. That's because I love the sound of this old
> soundcard I have to do needledrops and it won't run 64-bit, so this
> machine is used only for music.
>
> Just wondering if anybody ever actually solved this alphabetical
> thing...I've read all the threads and see a lot of complaints and a lot
> of references to settings, etc., but nothing I do with Sugarcube seems
> to make a difference. And again the mixes it does with the music it IS
> pulling are amazing, just wish it were being more inclusive of my entire
> library within any given genre.
>
> I also realize the developer used to push people to his forum, but I
> can't seem to find it - does it still exist? This might've been tackled
> in depth there, so I'd be happy to research there if I could locate it.

If you thoroughly read that older thread, you'll know we didn't really
find a cause for the behaviour mentioned, and OP found that "magically"
everything started working as it should again ;-) What I'd advise you is
the following:

- Read your files into MP3TAG (https://www.mp3tag.de/en/)
- Remove all MusicIP tags
- Re-analyze your files with MusicIP
- Archive the tags
- Do a "clear & rescan" of your LMS library
-

Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004 + TMA Premium 905 + TMA Premium 901
+ Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T460 + Kodi + Pioneer
PDP-LX5090H
Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
Kitchen: iPhone 5s + iPeng (local playback activated) + NAD 312 + Teufel
Ultima 20 Mk 2
Headphone (cozy corner): Lenovo T550 + Squeezelite-X + Cyrus Soundkey +
Topping A30 + Focal Elear
Car: TBC ...