basslover wrote:
> Thanks for the step-by-step.  I will study this and might have some
> questions. Upon initial reading, which device is this for: "so set as
> HDMI in control panel."

before you start squeezelite have the laptop connected to DAC and DAC
on
you should then be able to set the default audio output to be the
DAC/HDMI - set it at 50% volume to start with

the squeezelite command I put earlier will use the default audio device
- I have just successfully started it with my default audio set to an
HDMI monitor (sounds crap as it has tinny speakers) but proves it will
work

My advice is just go for it - the sound quality will be superb

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
*Office* - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3
-> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
Everything controlled by iPeng