basslover wrote:
> I haven't tried Material, but now that I know it exists, I will :-)
>
> I'm a bit confused -- with the W7 laptop temporary set up, would I be
> controlling the music selections, etc through LMS on my main desktop,
> just like now?  Or via squeezelite/material from the laptop, or from the
> desktop?

You will be able to control via

Web Gui - http://yourlmsip:9000 - any PC
Material - http://yourlmsip:9000/Material - highly recommended on any
device / PC.

The BIG advantage of Material is that it will work on your phone or
tablet so you can control from anywhere - it also looks fabulous
You can run it in app mode in Chrome- no menus - and on your phone /
tablet
Chrome
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"
--app="http://lmsipaddress:9000/material";

Other essentials

LMS 8.x - provides online library intergration - your Qobuz albums mixed
in with your music files
Material - you'll realise why
MAI - Music & Artist Integration - lyrics, artist & album reviews even
on Quboz & Radio Paradise and other streaming services
Radio Paradise - eclectic Rock based FLAC radio from your part of the
world. no ads.
plus a few others

PS. You can even control on your Duet controller if you have one

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
*Office* - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3
-> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
Everything controlled by iPeng