basslover wrote:
> Thanks for the amp volume warning.  I'll probably shut the entire system
> down to install the laptop into the chain, including the HDMI into the
> DAC, and then power up the system.
>
> I would generally prefer a GUI over line command, unless squeezelite has
> advantages over squeezeplay.  Any opinion on that?

Not really but I have never used squeezeplay with HDMI - it should pick
it up as a valid Windows audio device.
You will need to allow either through Windows firewall and if you aren't
using the Windows native firewall but some other Anti Virus software
with built in firewall it can be fiddly to set up.
The config file for squeezeplay get written somewhere a bit odd IIRC and
can be difficult to find if you need to reconfigure it but Ralphy will
tell you where if you need to find it.

If you were to choose squeezelite then you can control it on your laptop
using Material skin - you have tried Material I hope.

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
*Office* - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3
-> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
Everything controlled by iPeng