mherger wrote:
> > When later adding the tracks to current playlist I’m using:
> >
> >    $request = $client->execute(['playlist', 'addtracks', 'listRef',
> $filteredItems]);
> >
> > Would it work with a database track object in $filteredItems or would
> it
> > require a remote track object if available?
> > Just checking to know if the plugin would need the remote track
> object
> > anyway to be able to play the track. If it isn’t needed to play
> the
> > track are there other situations where the database track object
> isn’t
> > enough and a plugin would really need to remote track object ?
>
> $filteredItems can be a list of URLs. No need to send full objects.
>
> > Could the plugin just make a call like this to get the database track
> > object ?
>
> If you really need it (not in above case).
>
> >    my $track = Slim::Schema->rs(‘Track’)->single({ 'url' => $url
> });
>
> Yes! That's pretty exactly what objectForUrl() eventually does (for
> database objects):
>
> https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver/blob/e64c0e31caf4ebd7a77ce480db3395e35d33bd6e/Slim/Schema.pm#L2308
>

> --
>
> Michael

Then my suggestion is that we are satisfied with your current correction
in 8.2 and if anyone sees a problem with remote tracks being repeated
they can implement it in the plugin by making a call to:

Slim::Schema->rs('Track')->single({ 'url' => $url });

To get the database track id in case a remote track object has been
returned from objectForUrl.

I don’t think it makes sense to add another parameter/method to return
database track object to LMS core if the only code that uses them is an
unsupported plugin. It’s likely going to be forgotten during
verification in the future when it isn’t used by LMS itself or the
plugins bundled with LMS.

Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(https://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User_Erland.html)
*Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets* ('see
here for more information'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?49483-Announce-New-versions-of-erlands-plugins&p=998836&viewfull=1#post998836)
)