d6jg wrote:
> My JJ Cale & Eric Clapton example is easier to explain and type!
>
> The track is listed on the CD as being by JJ Cale & Eric Clapton so that
> is what my OCD brain says should be shown in the queue and now playing
> but for index purposes it should appear under each individual artist as
> well.
>
> By accident of coding Craig opted right at the outset to parse value 1
> from an AlbumArtist array and uses that in the album, new music, genre
> lists etc whereas the default skin shows multi values - Craig’s approach
> is better / more consistent.
>
> My mind may be playing tricks with me about the treatment of Track
> Artists. Multi values at that level are much rarer in my library.
>
> My general argument I think is that value 1 in both Track Artist & Album
> Artist should be used for display and indexes but subsequent values are
> for index purposes only.
I don't understand your scheme.  Why aren't 2 separate tags always
better than one - showing both and indexed by both?  My OCD brain
completely disagrees with yours about using just one from Album Artist
lists, but then I guess you would expect that :)

However, since I almost never use standard or material skin menus, but
use Custom Browse menus 95% of the time, I've never really noticed
what's in those lists.

And since AlbumArtists aren't in the queue and now playing lists (I
never knew because they are always track artists as well in my scheme)
comments in my previous post about that element can be ignored.

LMS 8.1 on PC, Xubuntu 20.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps.  2
Touches & EDO.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz
CR603 UPnP renderers.
Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 20.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android mobile with
Squeeze-Ctrl/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.