PasTim wrote:
> I don't understand your scheme.  Why aren't 2 separate tags always
> better than one - showing both and indexed by both?  My OCD brain
> completely disagrees with yours about using just one from Album Artist
> lists, but then I guess you would expect that :)
>
> However, since I almost never use standard or material skin menus, but
> use Custom Browse menus 95% of the time, I've never really noticed
> what's in those lists.
>
> And since AlbumArtists aren't in the queue and now playing lists (I
> never knew because they are always track artists as well in my scheme)
> comments in my previous post about that element can be ignored.

Does it help you understand if I replace the & in JJ Cale & Eric Clapton
with a , ?
It’s just a text string but it’s the text string that the artists have
chosen to put on the cover of their album so it’s what should logically
be displayed.

I thought it was an easy example to understand.

Assume 2 albums
Album 1
The Road to Escondido by JJ Cale & Eric Clapton

Here AlbumArtist is multi value
JJ Cale & Eric Clapton
Eric Clapton
JJ Cale

Value 1 is how it appears in Album based lists

Track Artist is JJ Cale & Eric Clapton

Album 2
A various artists album featuring one track from Album 1

AlbumArtist = blank (it’s a compilation)

TrackArtist for the track in question is
JJ Cale & Eric Clapton
Eric Clapton
JJ Cale

>From an indexing point of view theses schemes work perfectly but the
track from Album 2 shows all values from TrackArtist at Queue and Now
Playing levels.

I’m asking Craig whether what’s displayed at Queue and Now Playing can
be switchable
All values for you
Value 1 for me

Then I think we are both happy

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* Joggler & Pi4/Khadas  -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s

*Office* Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
*Dining Room* SB Boom
*Kitchen* UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom* SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s +
Kef ceiling speakers
*Guest Room* Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS