PasTim wrote:
> For me it is really about this plugin.  If I'm not able to use Erland's
> multi-library I need to understand the alternatives, and as as I can
> tell right now they don't do the same job. Only those who know this
> plugin will understand that.
>
> To be clear, if I can't get this to work, and multi-library is said not
> to work (but it seems to for me so far), I'll stop using LMS (I can just
> about cope with minimserver - bad, but usable). This is fundamental and
> crucial for me. I wish I was IT capable enough to take it over, but I'm
> not.
I suspect Michael just missed to add Multi Library to the unsupported
repository, I haven’t seen anyone saying that it doesn’t work. Creating
a pull request or letting Michael(mherger) know some other way that it
works should take care of it. He might spot this message if we are
lucky. Making it possible to install Multi Library should work good for
people just looking for a short term solution until some change in LMS
core eventually breaks it.

However, as I previously mentioned, I suspect a lot of users previously
using Multi Library plugin together with Custom Browse plugin will be
happy with the standard virtual library functionality included with LMS.
I haven’t actually used the virtual library functionality myself since
I’m still using LMS 7.8, but its intention is to be able to divide your
library into sub libraries and being able to browse a sub library in
same way as you can browse the full library using the standard menus.

Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(https://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User_Erland.html)
*Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets* ('see
here for more information'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?49483-Announce-New-versions-of-erlands-plugins&p=998836&viewfull=1#post998836)
)