SamY wrote:
> I don't know how the Squeeze Ctrl UI handles volume control but,
> according to the log, it seems to prefer values in the 90's. ;-)
> I tend to believe it's a bug (or feature) particular to that app.
> Combined with your +15 max volume setting, you were driving your amp to
> maximum output levels. I think it's time to go back to your original
> settings and be thankful that your speakers and eardrums survived
> intact. Maybe when I get my tax refund I'll splurge and drop $7 for my
> own copy of Squeeze Ctrl just to see what it's doing. For now though,
> I'm quite happy using Squeezer, which is simple and powerful, works
> predictably, and is free. Thanks again for your help.

It's interesting that back on the 9th the logs showed volume settings
around 50 or so. Then on the 10th all the requests were in the 90's.

Do you think this is when the settings were changed on SqueezeCtrl to
100% volume? Not sure what that would cause volume changes to be so much
bigger.

Since my amps and AVP are separate I never turn my amps on for new tests
such as this. Is there a way in an AVR to output to a different place
than the speakers so you don't blow them off the wall?

Chris