philippe_44 wrote:
> What I'm not sure to understand is why you want to send audio to the Pi
> using UPnP. It feels like you want to do
>
> JRiver using UPnP => LMS' UPnP plugin to turn a SB into a SB renderer =>
> PiCore's Squeezelite => your DAC
>
> Isn't it pretty contorted? If you like LMS's interface, why using
> JRiver? If you want to use JRiver, why using LMS?

Hi Philippe

May be looks a bit contorted, but itÂ’s not. Is just a matter of
convenience.

I have 2 audio setups. One in my living room with a miniPC with Windows
10 running JRiver, connect via usb to a Pioneer N50A both connected to
my home network. The other setup is in my workshop is the RPI4 with the
pCP+LMS connected to the iFI Zen Dac V2.

The music files are in a WD NAS.

Normally I use a laptop to work, that runs Windows 10 and another copy
of JRiver. So with this I can send also files to the N50A, without the
need to turn on the miniPC on my living room.

If the media renderer of the pCP+LMS works with all the music files
types as the Pioneer N50A does, it will be not necessary to switch
between JRiver and the LMS interface, and I can use only one program to
control all the music in my home.

I hope I've been clear on what I'm aiming for, I realize it sounds a
little lazy on my part, but it's actually more convenient to work with a
single software.

Thanks again for your attention and interest in my problem and I
apologize if my English might not be very correct.

Fernando