andrewhess wrote:
> That did it! It must have been the reboot -- I saw the ngrok address
> change and - bang - I've got Mediaserver! Lot's to play with here. Thank
> you so much!
>
> Two small questions (I'm still reading through the thread, so apologies
> if it's already been covered):
>
> >   >
  - Can I rename the skill so I'm saying "Alexa, tell the stereo to
  > play...."?
  - Can I set it up so "Alexa, play..." automatically uses the
  > mediaserver skill?
  >

> Thanks again for your help. I think this will be great!

Good to hear. Unfortunately, a skill can only have one invocation name
and it must be 2 or more words anyway so stereo would never work.
Luckily, we think we are saying MediaServer but Alexa thinks it’s Media
Server. You also cannot use a skill as if it were a music service so you
have to invoke.

That said, if you really like the skill, get an Echo with screen and you
can leave out invocation after an initial command. That’s because having
stuff displayed by a skill keeps it ‘open’.

The online docs will help you much more than reading this long thread.
Many, many things improved over the years so there’s no need to read
about past topics that are all no longer relevant.