Peter Galbavy wrote:
> Thanks for the pointers, been there done those; Specifically:
>
> I tried "alexa, stream the album songs from the north" and she replies
> correctly and the album art appears. LAME is installed (docker container
> on a Synology) and - this is the fun bit - when I the open the
> /stream.mp3 URL in my browser (on the same reverse proxied URL) is both
> plays *and* a new player appears in LMS called Alexa-XXXXX - but this
> player is only there when I am manually streaming to my browser. When I
> stop and ask the Echo Show to once again stream, artwork appear but no
> autio and no player in LMS web interface.
>
> In terms of the "assume" command, I have followed the docs and tried
> variations - my reading implies that when you say "alexa, tell media
> server to assume the lounge player" is somehow enabling that specific
> Echo Show to stream as a new player in LMS called "Lounge" but perhaps I
> have missed a step? It just says "I can't find a player called lounge"
> or whatever other room is misheard.
>
> I am not (yet) a subscriber as I want to know if this works, so the
> Australia bit is more the location - I am normally in the UK and my root
> Amazon account is UK based.

You cannot assume an AlexaPlayer (Echo) no matter what its name (I'll
amend the docs to mention that — thanks) and there's even no need to.
Skills do not have access to the friendlyName you assigned to your Echo
such as e.g. Lounge Echo — all Amazon provides us is a huge deviceId
string which I chop 5 characters from to give you the Alexa-xxxxx name
seen in the LMS GUI when streaming. However, even without knowing a
name, Mediaserver's 'Stream' commands -always -target the Echo you are
talking to. It's actually the only way Amazon allows a skill to start
music playing on an Echo (a skill cannot ask one Echo to play music on
another one — only the big music services are 'allowed' do that).

I'm guessing that the lack of audio is related to your docker or proxy
situation. After your attempted Stream command (where you were told
"Streaming 11 'Musical' tracks..." but heard silence), the logs show a
MEDIA_ERROR_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE playback error:

Code:
--------------------

  "request": {
  "type": "AudioPlayer.PlaybackFailed",
  "requestId": "amzn1.echo-api.request.d16f8e14-8539-4c51-9416-4dfc7f351d02",
  "timestamp": "2022-01-26T22:18:24Z",
  "locale": "en-US",
  "currentPlaybackState": {
  "offsetInMilliseconds": 0,
  "token": "1643235490915",
  "playerActivity": "STOPPED"
  },
  "error": {
  "message": "Device playback error",
  "type": "MEDIA_ERROR_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE"
  },
  "token": "1643235490915"
  }

--------------------

That would indicate that the Echo didn't see a valid audio stream at the
address that LMS resolves to in your LAN.

The normal 'Play' command just instruct LMS to talk to your players and
feed them as LMS does. The 'Stream' commands are different by necessity
because the Echo needs to be fed with a stream *from a URL*, much like
internet radio. LMS is told to start up a /stream.mp3 network client and
then the Echo is pointed at that stream locally within your LAN. That
last part must be failing due to your proxy/docker setup. The
/stream.mp3 endpoint has to be unprotected and reachable over http
without basic auth in your LAN for it to work.

Can you share any details of your proxy or docker config? Any reason you
didn't go the ngrok route? Earlier, you got a bad-SSL cert error (EPROTO
140716538210176:error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong
version number:../deps/openssl/openssl/ssl/record/ssl3_record.c:332) so
it may also be that Amazon does not trust your proxy. You subsequently
re-linked the skill without a port number in the https URL which
silenced the error, but Amazon may still have issues with your proxy.
Amazon has whitelisted ngrok which is why people who go that route never
have issues like this.