I'm desperately trying to get Alexa to stream a playlist (to Alexa
player) in shuffle mode but I can't figure out how to do it. It does
play the playlist but it always starts at the beginning. When I then say
"Alexa, shuffle" she doesn't recognize the command a lot of the times
and when she does, she says "Shuffle on", yay! If I then say "Alexa,
next", she doesn't recognise the command. When I say "Alexa, skip" she
says "Next" and does indeed play the track. Except, sometimes she
doesn't. She just stops playing and the next track never starts. Except
that it does show as playing on the LMS web-UI. I hoped that once I set
the Alexa player on shuffle, it would stay there and next time I play
that playlist, it will shuffle, but no. I noticed that when I change the
name of the "ALEXA-*****" player to something else, LMS (or Alexa?) will
eventually forget that name and go back to "ALEXA-*****", so I assume
that this forgetfulness is also the reason why the shuffle state doesn't
persist.

So I have four questions (relating to each of the four issues just
mentioned):

- How can I start streaming an LMS-playlist in shuffle mode (so that
  it starts with a different track every time)
- What am I doing wrong with the no-invocation commands? I can
  confidently say that my english pronounciation is in no way unusual or
  difficult to understand. Alexa understands me fine all the time,
  except when using the MediaServer app. In fact, the problem exists not
  just with no-invocation commands. It also occurs when I try to invoke
  a mediaserve one-shot command, Alexa never gets the entire command.
  For example, when I say "Alexa, tell media server to play favourite
  Amina 8", most of the time, she will either say nothing or "Say a
  mediaserver command".
- What might be the reason that skipping to the next song will
  sometimes lead to silence despite the track actually being streamed by
  LMS? My best guess is that it has to do with encoding. This is
  happening on a youtube playlist and I believe youtube tracks sometimes
  use different codecs. But since it is LMS streamingt to Alexa, I would
  still blame LMS/the plugin for not transcoding into a codec that Alexa
  understands.
- Is there any way of making LMS remember the name of the Alexa
  players?

*Server*: LMS 8.1.1 on an Ubuntu 18.04 virtual machine
*Players*: Radio, Touch, Duet (Receiver & Controller), 2 Booms
*Remote control apps*: Material Skin (Web UI), but also SqueezePad
(iOS), Squeezecontroller (Android)
*Important plugins*: Trackstat, Spicefly Sugarcube, Lazy Search Music,
Custom Browse, Multi Library