0 You must have a USB to serial adapter ('the FTDI one is a good deal'
(https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07MYYCMJT) )

0.1 Plug in your usb adapter

1 Add extensions to your piCorePlayer instance

Go to the web interface

Code:
--------------------
    http://YOUR_PCP_IP/cgi-bin/xtras_extensions.cgi?
--------------------

On "Available Tab" choose :
                        -compile.tcz and click load
                        -squashfs-tools.tcz and click load
                        -usbutils
                        -usb-serial-X.X.X-pcpCore-v7.tcz (match your set up)

                Reboot

1.1 SSH into your pcp instance

Code:
--------------------
    dmesg | grep tty
--------------------
 command must return a thing like this :

Code:
--------------------

  usb 1-1.4: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to ttyUSB0
  !! this last thing is important and must be reported in your future ser2net
conf file !!
--------------------

2 Have a coffee

3 SSh into your Pcp instance: login/pwd are tc/piCore

3.1
Code:
--------------------
    cd /tmp
--------------------

        3.2 Download build script

Code:
--------------------
    wget http://tinycorelinux.net/8.x/armv7/tcz/src/ser2net/ser2net.build
--------------------

        3.3 Make some modifications to ser2net.build

Code:
--------------------

sudo vi ser2net.build
--------------------

                modifiy source name and folder name variables to match new
version of
ser2net :

Code:
--------------------

  SRCNAM=ser2net-3.5.4.tar.gz
  WRKDIR=ser2net-3.5.4
--------------------

                Disable the uucp locking (if you want to know what is uucp
google
it...and good luck)

                        add
Code:
--------------------

 --with-uucp-locking=no
--------------------
 option after
Code:
--------------------

 ./configure --prefix=/usr/local
--------------------

                Make the build optimized for your Rpi hardware :

                        Replace :

Code:
--------------------

  export CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe -march=armv6zk -mtune=arm1176jzf-s -mfpu=vfp"
  xport CXXFLAGS="-O2 -pipe -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -march=armv6zk
-mtune=arm1176jzf-s -mfpu=vfp"

--------------------

By :

Code:
--------------------

  export CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe -march=native -mfpu=vfp"
  export CXXFLAGS="-O2 -pipe -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -march=native -mfpu=vfp"
--------------------

                Save and quit

        3.4 Make it executable

Code:
--------------------
    sudo chmod 775 ser2net.build
--------------------

        3.5 Download ser2net sources

Code:
--------------------

wget
https://sourceforge.net/projects/ser2net/files/ser2net/ser2net-3.5.4.tar.gz/download
--------------------

        3.6 Build the extension !

Code:
--------------------

./ser2net.build
--------------------

        3.7 Move your new extension on the optional extension folder:

Code:
--------------------

                        mv /tmp/ser2net/ser2net.tcz
/etc/sysconfig/tcedir/optional/ser2net.tcz
                        mv /tmp/ser2net/ser2net.tcz.list
/etc/sysconfig/tcedir/optional/ser2net.tcz.list
                        mv /tmp/ser2net/ser2net.tcz.md5.txt
/etc/sysconfig/tcedir/optional/ser2net.tcz.md5.txt
--------------------

        3.8 Add the extension loading at boot :

Code:
--------------------

sudo echo ser2net.tcz >> /etc/sysconfig/tcedir/onboot.lst
--------------------

        3.9 Add the ser2net conf file

Code:
--------------------
    sudo touch /etc/ser2net.conf
                        sudo echo
protocol,src_ip,port_to_reach_onRpi:raw:0:/dev/ttyUSB0:9600 8DATABITS NONE
1STOPBIT >> ser2net.conf
--------------------

Replace with your params

                        -for my configuration I use:
                        protocol ipv4
                        src_ip 0.0.0.0 (all source)
                        port_to_reach_onRpi 11111 (because I like 1)

                        If you want more information about this conf file you
can check man
file of ser2net.-

        3.10 We have to tell piCorePlayer to save these setting for future
reboots :

Code:
--------------------
    sudo echo /etc/ser2name.conf >> /opt/.filetool.lst
--------------------

                Do a backup :

Code:
--------------------
    pcp bu
--------------------

        3.11 Now it's time to add the ser2net execution at boot :

Code:
--------------------
    sudo vi /opt/bootlocal.sh
--------------------

                        Just add "ser2net" without "" at the end of the file

                Do a backup :

Code:
--------------------
    pcp bu
--------------------

                Reboot :

Code:

sudo reboot

On LMS side, you have to use the SamY last patch in order to fill the
address field with your Rpi IP address (ip:port). For this replace the
plugin.pm on your installation directry by one given by Samy in few past
post of this thread. Waiting for the next release including the patch.

                Enjoy it

Olivier