oliverbg1 wrote:
> Hello to all.
>
> First I want to thanks authors and contributors of this plugin.
>
> My setup:
>
>  AVR(s):  Denon AVR-2311, with Rpi and ser2net to bridge the serial
> port to the network.
>
>  LMS Platform:  PC
>
>  OS:  Windows Server 2012
>
>  Client(s) in use:  Squeezer, Material Skin
>
>  Number of players using the plugin: 1 (Pcp)
>

> I confirm Peterw setting as ser2net has to be configured with raw
> protocol instead of telnet. I had to make some change in the code in
> order to use a different port to reach my ser2net Rpi. (It would be
> great for users like me with old AVR, letting us chossing the port in
> conf page..) . Player is based on a Rpi with PiCorePlayer and is
> connected to AVR with RCA.  My set up works fine, but as I said, I have
> 2 Rpis (1 player on Pcp and another with raspbian/ser2net to talk to the
> AVR) and my nexty goal is to use ser2net on the Pcp Rpi.
> For this I build thje extension and added it. Extension is loaded
> correctly, ser2net is OK (conf file loaded).. But nothing works.
>
> So, I don't think the plugin is in fault. I think issues are in the
> PiCorePlayer side, based on TinyCore linux. Does anyone has already use
> a Pcp with ser2net ?

Hello, Oliver. I like the idea of being able to override the default tcp
port number of 23 for special situations like yours. I have coded a
change to support specifying the port number as part of the IP Address
in the plugin setup menu, e.g. "192.168.1.78:1234". If no port is
supplied, it will default to 23, as it does now. This change will make
it easier for you to keep up with the latest plugin version without
having to retrofit your customizations. I will attach the new
"Plugin.pm" to my next post but first want to make sure that you upgrade
the plugin to the latest version, which is 4.4. After you have done
that, you will just replace Plugin.pm in the plugin directory and
restart LMS. Let me know when you are ready to test.

Sam