Spacegrass wrote:
> thanks Phillippe - i can try that, but i am wondering why i am having
> such an unusual problem on what is presumably a pretty standard
> LMS/UPnPBridge use case - i.e. Win10 laptop with current version of LMS,
> playing MP3 files?  I don't know if this could be relevant, but i am
> opening the LMS interface (with Material Skin) in MS Edge browser via a
> bookmark (LMS runs on start-up of Win10, so it is already running when i
> click the bookmark). Is it possible it is a MS Edge issue?

No, I really don't think so. The issue you are having might really be
due to the antivirus being overly protective of sockets. I've read that
some people had similar issue with the same antivirus/security suite. I
don't know how you are familiar with that part of technology, but to
communicate between the bridge and LMS, a channel must be opened using
two sockets (IP address and port). There are many complications with
sockets left open by programs on computers and although it should not be
the case, there is a risk of exhaustion or security and various solution
(not always great) have been developed to deal with these problem.

The issue with the bridge is that when it opens a channel with LMS to
grab the audio data, the transfer is not smooth due to the nature of a
bridge and the numerous buffering involved (in the bridge and in the
UPnP player). So typically, the 1st track is very quickly transferred,
then the beginning of the second starts quickly as well and then...
streaming might pause for a very long time (might even be almost the
whole duration of the 1st track). So, for example, some on-line servers
can't cope with that and assume the link is broken and systematically
close it. What I'm wondering in your case is if a monitoring application
of some sort could not force-close such sockets that have a burst of
activity then *nothing* for minutes. It's not a good behavior, but...

The test I'm asking you to do will ensure that no matter what (at least
for mp3) the whole track is quickly gobbled by the LMS-to-Bridge side,
regardless of what happen on the Bridge-to-UPnP side.

LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch,
1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW,
2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha
WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3