I did a bit of digging some time back on getting metadata into radio
streams, and it was actually one of the reasons I went down the
Icecast2 server route, as some of the hard work is done for you. If you
do a Google search on "Shoutcast metadata" then several of the hits
explain the de facto protocol (there doesn't seem to be any official
documentation). One link which covers it from the client's viewpoint
is: http://www.smackfu.com/stuff/programming/shoutcast.html

The EIT and Now / Next documentation is out there - I've filed it away
somewhere, but a good start point might be
http://www.rikware.com/post/Introduction-To-Scanning-DVB-T-Digital-TV.aspx
. If GetStream doesn't expose this directly then I suspect you're into
some reasonably serious code to get hold of it. Thinking back, I think
we only need to get at the EIT if going for a full EPG-style menu of
what's available, but if you just want the name of the current
programme then that (and the next programme) + description information
is carried within the PID of the selected channel.

Brgds
Phil

--
florca