I've burnt the midnight oil a little, and am please to say a new
improved version of dvbserver is available at:

http://shed.interdog.co.uk/dvbserver.tgz

New features:
- Raw MP2 streams (quicker)
- Now playing data from DVB EIT

There is a new helper utility (based on code from MPSYS
http://www.nenie.org/misc/mpsys/) ts2radio which dvbserver uses to get
the raw MP2 data from the DVB stream, and capture the Now Playing data
from EIT.

Thanks to the links from Florca I've implemented Icy-metadata support,
so the MP2 stream will also provide squeezecenter and clients with Now
Playing program information.

The README has been updated, but to get it going you will need
ts2radio. I have included a binary compiled on my system (i386 Gentoo
Linux), and the source code all in a tgz file inside the distribution -
just extract the tgz, cd to the folder and type "make clean; make". The
same is now true for getstream too.

Its early days, and there are probably bugs, but it seems to be working
for me anyway.

--
f948lan