bpa

Assuming this is the same softsqueeze update you posted on the thread:
"AlienBBC 7.3 Linux no longer transcoding WMA (other work though", then
I can give some positive feedback.  Our last communication left off
with the menus being a little slow when listening to a stream requiring
transcoding.  I played with this a bit more and determined that menus on
my SB3 are also slow when a transcoded stream is being sent to
squeezeplay or softsqueeze.  Thus, I think this is probably slowness in
my server as a result of the transcoding.  My system is a 400MHz Pentium
II with 256M memory.

I've had very good results connecting to wma streamed radio stations
since installing your fixed softsqueeze.  I don't think I've had an
instance yet where it wouldn't connect and play.  I've used softsqueeze
quite often since receiving your fix and have had no problems.

Please let me know if this new version your posting is the same as the
one you posted previously as:

SoftSqueezeFix.zip is now both signed and modded - please test again.
http://homepage.eircom.net/~altondsl/slim/SoftSqueezeFix.zip

If your new one contains additional fixes I would be happy to try it as
well.

--
eschurig