I have a Squeezebox Receiver tucked away in a cupboard. Its connected to
our multiroom amp and we are then able to control it via iPeng from any
room in the house. This works fantastically well.

However I was over at my brother-in-laws the other day and although
overall I don't like the Speakercraft system he has, I did like the way
he can come in and plug in his iPod and control it all via the touch
panels etc. In the same way I can dock my iPod when I'm over to listen
to some of my music.

Obviously you are more than likely to have the same music on your iPod
as your iTunes library which Squeeze already has full access to, but I
liked the way its well suited for multiple people - say my wife wants
to listen to her iPod music for example which is not synced with
Squeezecentre.

So I wondered if anyone has done any investigation into the idea of a
similar dock for Squeezecentre based systems. An Ethernet connected
dock to be controlled via the Squeezecentre plugin architecture.

These are obviously propitiatory products, but this is the sort of
product I'm referring to:
http://www.russound.com/ibridge.htm
http://www.speakercraft.com/#Products:146:MODE%20Base

I guess having the simple audio feed from the iPod could be possible
with certain Squeezeboxes (Boom), but what would be really special is
if the full metadata and control side could be browsed and controlled
across the network via Squeezecentre.

Thoughts?

--
mwjburton