mwjburton;416804 Wrote:

> So to summerize, the friend/wife simply connects to the local wifi
> network, loads the app (whether its another app or functionality built
> into iPeng?!) and the device and its iTunes libary appears within
> SqueezeCentre ready for control. This would be very cool. Have not use
> iTunes DJ yet, but I guess its similar only a million times better :-)

I'll think I'll build this into iPeng for FW 3.0, know how to do it on
the iPhone side and I believe we'll get a plugin done for it on the SC
side.
The tricky question is: will Apple allow it?
I'm pretty sure it will be doable for Boom (analog input) but whether
it works like you described is entirely up to Apple allowing to stream
from the device.

I'm mildly optimistic about this, though, since they also introduce
A2DP for FW3.0 which technically is streaming, too.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com