pippin;444150 Wrote:
> Little chance for digital streaming from iPhone.
> You have full access to the database on the device, so it would be
> technically possible to announce your library on the network and control
> the iPhone/iTouch from SC with a plugin but then you have to use the
> analog output.
>
> So, yes, if someone writes that plugin I'd include some code in iPeng
> and I would help specifying something (protocol, etc), but I'm
> definitely not going to do the Perl part.
> Any volunteers?

What's the point if we have to use the analog output ?
You will have to have the iPod in the docking station with an analog
cable conneted to it. Isn't it easier to just connect the analog cable
directly to the amplifier instead of going through the computer and
SqueezeCenter ?

The situation would be completely different if we could do digital
streaming because then you could have the iPod in your pocket and stream
over Wifi through the Squeezebox to the amplifier, all completely
wireless.

If there are some great benefit which I haven't realized, what's needed
for the plugin part ? If it's just something simple it should be
possible to implement something pretty fast.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) (Install my plugins through
Extension Downloader)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library, Title Switcher and Database
Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))