daviseh;442957 Wrote:

> I installed ipeng on my iphone and setup the SB receiver using net
> udap. I was able to play my Pandora stations from Squeezecenter and then
> make changes to the music source with ipeng.
>
> However, I don't understand what is happening. The next day ipeng does
> not find the player and I had to run udap again. I tried squeeze play
> and that found the player and gave me a pin but you have to go thru this
> every time you turn it on. I have the receiver hard wired and the router
> is set for DHCP.

Ok, so you do see SqueezeCenter and SqueezeNetwork and you can use
both?
That also means you know how to switch players between the sources
using the "Globe" icon? iPeng does not automatically move the player
between SN and SC, you have to do that manually:
http://penguinlovesmusic.de/ipeng-the-iphone-skin-for-squeezecenter/how-to-use-the-ipeng-application/nowplaying/

Now, when the next day you could not see the player, is this only in
iPeng or do you also not see it if you use SqueezeCenter/SqueezeNetwork
through the browser?
Is iPeng still connecting to the right source? On SqueezeCenter, you
will know it did if you can still browse your library?

If it's iPeng not connecting to the right source (automatically) again,
please try to set "Forget Last Server" in iPeng under "Settings->iPeng
settings".

If all of that doesn't help, please give me some more details about
your setup: Where do you run your SqueezeCenter, which version, what did
you do last, is the Receiver's LED blinking, which color does it show?

> I saw that there is an ipeng plugin for Squeezecenter but this looks
> like a skin for squeezecenter and is not required for the iphone app.

correct.

> Also, I don't see where ipeng has the "turn on and turn off receiver"
> feature of the controller.

Now here you've got me lost. There' a power button on the bottom left
of the NowPlaying screen in iPeng.

--
pippin

---