daviseh;443003 Wrote:

> I guess SC has to be running for this to work because iPeng does not
> find my receiver unless I start SC playing.
>
> Once I start squeezecenter and play my Pandora station iPeng sees the
> player and gives me the player in the top window with the globe, volume,
> power button. I can see 127.0.0.1:9000 and squeezenetwork.
> Sorry if this isn't very coherent. It seems like I am close to getting
> this to work.

Probably.
Maybe some basics on how the Squeezebox works:
A Squeezebox is a "dumb" device and ALWAYS needs a server to work, it
can't do anything without one.
This server is either SqueezeCenter or SqueezeNetwork.
iPeng also ONLY talks to the server, never to the player itself. The
controller can talk to the player itself, but only for configuration
purposes, you can't play music or anything with it.

So yes, until you start SC, iPeng can't see your player.
What you CAN do, is to switch your player to SqueezeNetwork (that's
more or less a SqueezeCenter on the internet), but you'll have to do
that before you shut down the server. Have a look at the SvrPowerControl
plugin if you want to have it done automatically.
If you do that, you will have to connect iPeng to SqueezeNetwork as
well to see your player. Learn more about this here:
http://penguinlovesmusic.de/ipeng-the-iphone-skin-for-squeezecenter/how-to-use-the-ipeng-application/nowplaying/
and here:
http://penguinlovesmusic.de/ipeng-the-iphone-skin-for-squeezecenter/how-to-use-the-ipeng-application/setup-and-configuration/

--