indifference_engine;450142 Wrote:
> It's probably a limitation of the hardware but maybe a future version of
> the SBC firmware may allow me to do something...

Well, as long as the original remote behaves the same way, I don't
expect there is much you can do - then NAD would probably have done it.

I have been using Bang & Olufsen equipment for many years, and as far
as I know they operate with higher(?) IR frequencies, which means that
you can control your music system, tv, whatever from almost anywhere, no
matter where you point your remote, so I'm probably just spoiled in that
sense!

> 2) YES! Just put all the commands in seperated by a comma. There's
> examples of this in the sample SqueezeIRData.txt file. eg To turn the
> player on and select aux you'd put the following into the DATA_PRESS
> field:

Code:
--------------------
  >   > DENON:135:124:37,DENON:135:124:155
--------------------

I knew I had seen it somewhere, but somehow I couldn't find it again -
your code works brilliantly (though I had to add a 2 second pause
between the commands).

> Regarding problems with the volume, it looks like your maths is wrong.
> I forgot to mention that in the DENON protocol each field is 8-bit so
> you must pad the binary with leading zeroes:

Excellent - I didn't know about the 8 bit lenght, but everything works
with the ammended code (and the + sign)!

> Version RC2 is not going to be that different from RC1 from a usage
> point of view but it will allow people without a maths PhD to enter
> (some, probably most) commands from LIRC!

Admittedly, that would have made it somewhat easier for me. Luckily I
had you to guide me :-D

> My "holy grail" is to get the Back key working so you can open a
> sub-menu and fire a command to turn something on and then when you go
> back it can turn it off again.   Would be good for setup modes, TV guide
> etc.  That may be sometime off though as the back key seems to work very
> differently to the others and I haven't made any progress figuring it
> out.

I wish I could help - but I can't :-(

Thanks for a great app - I'm sure this will be useful to a lot of
people and add even more wow-effect to a lot of SBC's!

--
Pokersut