markstrom;466847 Wrote:
> The search in 1.2 is much slower (5 secs) than previous versions. The
> speed using the iPeng skin is still pretty fast (<1 sec).
>
> Is this just me?

Could it be that iPeng ist sill syncing the cache in the background or
something?
Generally I believe that search should have become a bit faster in 1.2
because I send lass of the "background search" requests.

vagskal;466874 Wrote:

> No chance of getting both a menu and player controls then, see the
> attached image. But seriously the image is not manipulated but shows
> what must be a bug. I evoked the song info context screen from the now
> playing screen. Did some things there and returned to the now playing
> window and voila. The TrackStat rating bar was not there initially but I
> tapped to try to make the menu disappear. Only a restart of iPeng
> worked. I have not been able to reproduce the issue.

Hm. Would be really interesting to know how you produced this. I have a
faint idea, but then...
Anyway, if you can ever reproduce it, please let me know.
You don't have to restart iPeng, btw, a "back" to the main menu and
re-entering NowPlaying should do the trick.

> And to revert back to the request for player controls: As long as long
> biographies  and reviews get truncated in iPeng anyway, this will
> compensate somewhat for the limited screen space ;).

That one is trickier than I originally thought. I suspected that the
height limitation for a cell was a limitation of the UITableViewCell
(the cell it's displayed in) but that's not the case, it's a general
iPhone UI element limitation so I will definitely have to break up the
text and that means re-arranging the whole menu plus I have to find out
_where_  to break up the text. I don't want to get into syntactical
analysis to find a paragraph or end of sentence...

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com