pippin;466887 Wrote:

> > markstrom;466847 Wrote:
> > The search in 1.2 is much slower (5 secs) than previous versions. The
> > speed using the iPeng skin is still pretty fast (<1 sec).> >
>
> Could it be that iPeng ist sill syncing the cache in the background
> or something?
> Generally I believe that search should have become a bit faster in
> 1.2 because I send lass of the "background search" requests.

I do not think it's caching since the load on SqueezeCenter is zero. I
emptied the cache and left the app for a few minutes. Everything is
really speedy like browsing and displaying album but the search is still
slow.

Can I check the app is caching from the server in a better way than
watching SqueezeCenter CPU consumption?

What is my best option? Reinstall? Revert to previous version to verify
that search was faster?

--
markstrom