flemming;500206 Wrote:
>   I would have certainly assumed that the Transporter could stream WMA.
> Like I said I need to read your summary carefully again.  I don't
> believe there is anything I can do from the plugin side of things to
> help with the lack of transcoding abilities on certain players, but the
> solution may be simply installing a helper transcoder like mplayer or
> the like on the server.  This was an issue many moons ago, and I never
> personally had to deal with it so I haven't spent a whole lot of timing
> looking into it.  Thanks to you folks who are having trouble and keep
> supplying logs and your observations it makes my life easier and maybe
> someone will stumble upon the fix before I do.
>
> Robert

Robert
This is from the Transporter manual.

Audio formats
•Lossless Formats (Apple Lossless, FLAC, WMA Lossless)
•“Bit-perfect” CD audio streaming, with reduced storage and bandwidth
usage.
•Approximately 2:1 compression ratio
•Uncompressed formats (AIFF, WAV, PCM)
•Supports raw pass-through of uncompressed PCM audio formats
•Digital passthrough to S/PDIF for DTS •Compressed formats (MP3, AAC,
Ogg Vorbis, MP2, MusePack, WMA)
•MPEG decoding uses MAD software, widely regarded as the most accurate,
most compatible MP3 decoder.
•High accuracy 24-bit synthesis
•Supports all MP3 data rates and sample rates, including VBR
•May be streamed in PCM (raw), MP3 (transcoded), or FLAC (transcoded)
formats
•Sound Check and Replay Gain support for automatic volume control.
•Some formats may require additional software installation (e.g.
Quick-time), depending on platform.

Don't know if this helps or not, but I thought I would pass it along
anyway.

John

--
papajohn