colincliff;522729 Wrote:
> not sure if this is the right place to post, but i've had a quick look
> through the thread and not seen this listed before.
>
> I have installed this plugin and and trying to go through the
> instructions for finishing the installation Ubuntu.
>
> when I try the  command: 'sudo chmod a+x
> /var/lib/squeezecenter/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/SrvrPowerCtrl/scripts/Debian/srvrpowerctrl-setup.sh'
> I get an error saying 'No such file or directory'. I can navigate to the
> file with file browser so i know it does exists. Is there an obvious
> solution to this?
>
> Also when trynig the test command:  'sudo -u squeezecenter sudo
> /sbin/shutdown -k -h now' I get the error 'sudo: unknown user:
> squeezecenter'
>
> Have i missed a vital step in all of this??
>
> edit: to my eternal shame i have just realised that i was following
> instructions for the pre 7.4 server. I just replaces 'squeezecentre'
> with 'squeezeboxserver' and all was fine with the world again....
Unless you actually are running SqueezeCenter 7.3.4 on your Ubuntu
machine, you should install and use the latest 'beta' of SrvrPowerCtrl.
Uninstall the version you've got now and then install the beta from
http://srvrpowerctrl.googlecode.com/svn/beta.xml.  That should solve the
problems you've mentioned.

--
gharris999