colincliff;525198 Wrote:
> still getting some funny behaviour. The system seems to go to sleep fine
> now, but after a few seconds it is resuming even when squeezeboxes are
> off
>
> is there any way to find out what event is waking the system in ubuntu?
> either the ip address which sent the magic packet or anyting like that?
pm-utils (along with almost everything else) logs all of its (very
verbose) messages to /var/log/messages.

Look at the message times and specifically, look for a gap in time.
That will indicate when the system was asleep.

Again, I'm much more familiar with Fedora than I am with Ubuntu.  How
do you set your network interface to respond only to magic packets?
With Fedora 12, I do this by adding the line:

ETHTOOL_OPTS="wol g"

to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

--
gharris999