gharris999;525427 Wrote:
> pm-utils (along with almost everything else) logs all of its (very
> verbose) messages to /var/log/messages.
>
> Look at the message times and specifically, look for a gap in time.
> That will indicate when the system was asleep.
>
> Again, I'm much more familiar with Fedora than I am with Ubuntu.  How
> do you set your network interface to respond only to magic packets?
> With Fedora 12, I do this by adding the line:
>
> ETHTOOL_OPTS="wol g"
>
> to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

Hi,

thanks for this, my pm-suspend.log shows no problems, only they system
waking up after a second or so. It does this even when there is no
ethernet connection, so it seems to be a problem with the ubuntu
installation.

interestingly(!) i can hibernate fine, and also suspend once after a
reboot or hibernation but any suspend after that results in an instant
resume.

there seems to be some other people with similar problems but no fix
that i could find. Its a shame as hibernate takes too long to be really
usable. I was hoping to have the unit sleep after 15 mins or so of
inactivity, but it might be better just to have it hibernate at night.

Just to confirm there is no problem with this plugin just my system :-(

--
colincliff