colincliff;525527 Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for this, my pm-suspend.log shows no problems, only they system
> waking up after a second or so. It does this even when there is no
> ethernet connection, so it seems to be a problem with the ubuntu
> installation.
>
> interestingly(!) i can hibernate fine, and also suspend once after a
> reboot or hibernation but any suspend after that results in an instant
> resume.
>
> there seems to be some other people with similar problems but no fix
> that i could find. Its a shame as hibernate takes too long to be really
> usable. I was hoping to have the unit sleep after 15 mins or so of
> inactivity, but it might be better just to have it hibernate at night.
>
> Just to confirm there is no problem with this plugin just my system :-(
About all I can suggest at this point is to try booting from a live-cd
of another distro and see if you have better luck with that.  These
sorts of problems can be maddening.  I struggled for months trying to
get WOL out of S3 to work consistently with some VIA boards before
finally throwing in the towel and moving to intel-based mobos.  The
problem in that case was due to the nic drivers and I was just never
able to solve it.

--
gharris999