danco;609594 Wrote:
> I'll experiment further. Is there any logging I could do to check what's
> going on?
>
> I'm not entirely sure if the "force sleep unless" works with Unix
> executables rather than Mac apps, but again I can try.
>
> However, you said you were playing "an album". What happens if you play
> a stream from internet radio? With an album, Energy Saver should keep
> the system awake (hard drive activity), though Please Sleep ignores
> that.
OK, this still seems to be working with me even when playing internet
streams.  This is what I did:

Woke the mac-mini via WOL.

Using a web browser from another machine directed at the mac-mini's SBS
webUI, began playing BBC 3 live (via BBC iPlayer plugin).

ssh-ed into the mac-mini and verified that sleep-inhibit was getting
fired off by ReallyPreventStandby every 60 seconds.

Listened to BBC 3 live about two hours minutes.

Stopped playback (again using the webUI from another machine) and
cleared the current playlist.

mac-mini put itself to sleep 20 minutes later.

So...all seems well with my setup.

--
gharris999