Just a follow up from my perspective: I migrated to ReallyPreventStandby
from SvrPowerControl on 7.5.3 and latest Mac OS X (iMac, Intel).

It does work! Thanks for the update. It took half a day to work
properly, similarly to the problem danco posted - there seem to be
magic healing hands under the hood of OS X ;-)

Although ReallyPreventStandby in its current state does what I need, I
am wondering why you took the route developing a standalone app? As
posted previously here:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=592731&postcount=1507, an
AppleScript or shell command using pmset should have been fine as
well.

You could easily read out the current users energy settings and save
these, disallow sleep mode while playback (/usr/bin/pmset force sleep
0) and reset energy settings to saved values while players are idle.
It's also possible to control display sleep using pmset.

While evaluating ReallyPreventStandby I noticed that TimeMachine
actually uses this same technique. Just hit pmset -g in the terminal
while TimeMachine is running and you'll see that the backup process has
imposed a "sleep 0" on the energy settings.

Just an idea...

--
-tm-