Hi,

I am running ReallyPreventSystemStandby and Srvrpowerctrl (latest
betas) on my Ubuntu 10.10 PC, which acts as a server for 4 SB players.

I am having a problem stopping my Ubuntu PC going into standby using
RPSS, when I have music playing from my SB Touch. I have seen from
other threads the need to avoid using Srvrpowerctrl to do idle player
monitoring as well, when using RPSS.

When at the terminal, if I do:

sudo -u steve
/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/ReallyPreventStandby/bin/unix/gsession-inhibit
-l -d %t

The desktop appears to try to idle, based on the following terminal
response:

steve@steve-itxserver:~$ sudo -u steve
/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/ReallyPreventStandby/bin/unix/gsession-inhibit
-l -d %t
AppName == gsession-inhibit
Error: cannot write to log file /var/log/gsession-inhibit.log
AppID == gsession-inhibit-steve
AppPath ==
/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/ReallyPreventStandby/bin/unix/gsession-inhibit
AppData == /home/steve/.gsession-inhibit
AppLog == /var/log/gsession-inhibit.log
AppReason == not_idle
AppOpts == 0x00002001
InhibitSecs == 120
InhibitType == 0x0000000f
Display env == :0
Inhibit 0x47578124 granted for app_id: gsession-inhibit-steve, reason:
not_idle, type: 0x0000000f for 120 seconds..

BUT when the same "inhibit line command" is placed into the RPSS
plugin, the system never prevents a suspend, when attached players are
playing.

So I have a few questions:

1) Any ideas why the command seems to work in terminal but not in the
plugin
2) Why the log cannot be written too - I am unsure how to change write
permissions, I'm a linux newbie

Thanks for any help.

Steve

--