The squeeze center host is also used as a workstation by me. But more
importantly the rest of the family uses the Ubuntu host to stream
movies to a popcorn hour player.  They have no idea where the movie
files are actually located, But they  complain it is already
complicated enough turning on 3 amplifiers a processor etc. I did not
want to add another step. My idea was to use the "end of day" timer to
keep the Ubuntu host is suspend mode between the hours of midnight and
6:00pm when the house is usually  asleep or at work/school, but could
be reactivated by me quickly by turning on a squeezebox. Between 6:00pm
and midnight it would be up and running for desktop,squeezesever, and
video streaming duties. This new version sounds great any ETA?

--
sfraser

2 Chan. System
SB3->Benchmark DAC-1-> Bryston(BP-25,3B)->PMC TB2
Home Theater System
SB2-> Bryston(SP1,4B,4B,2B,2B)-> PSB Stratus Goldi
Basement System
SB2-> Parasound Preamp (carver M1.0t) ->Klipsch La Scala's
Bedroom System
SB2-> Sony BoomBox
Rear Deck/Patio
Duet-> Yamaha Reciever-> PSB Mini's,