aubuti;641839 Wrote:
> I'm pretty sure that information is also available if you install via
> the Extension Downloader, but I don't remember where.
I've been toying with the idea of packaging the SCPowerTool utilities
with the plugin itself.  That would make installation for Windows users
a one-step process, rather than the current two.

The disadvantages with this would be:

1). It would add about 100k to the plugin download for all users...i.e.
even for linux and mac users who will never need those files.

2). It will make the command lines for the basic commands very, very
long since the install path is long.  E.g.:

Code:

  C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /C start /B
C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins\Plugins\SrvrPowerCtrl\bin\SCPowerTool.exe
  --shutdown -q "--log=C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Logs\srvrpowerctrl.log"

What do folks think?  Does the single pro (easier windows installation)
outweigh the cons?

--
gharris999