mimikri;643114 Wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion. I assume that what you suggested definitively
> will help when the suspend doesn't work. In my case the situation is
> vice versa: the PC tried to go into suspend while I was actively using
> the PC and that should not happen... or are we saying that the
> SvrPowerControl "overwrites" all other functions? I mean if that is the
> case then it could well be that if SvrPowerControl dectects that the SBs
> are idling a suspend is executed even I'm working at the PC. But then I
> would assume that SvrPowerControl should also check the situation of
> the PC prior to issuing the suspend command.
> Regards, Juergen
No, I understood your situation. If you configure SPC to trigger the
shutdown based solely on SB status, then it will do so even if you are
working at the computer. That is why it may be useful to use a
different shutdown criterion, such as idle disk IO threshold, idle
network IO threshold, or CPU load threshold. If you use one of those,
then SPC will not suspend the computer while you are working on it
(assuming you are at least meeting one or more of those thresholds),
even if the SBs are idle.

I repeat: what are your settings in the System Idle Monitor: section of
SPC's configuration?? Instead of assuming this or that, look at what
settings you are using.

--
aubuti