mimikri;643021 Wrote:
> I use my PC for two purposes: Internet, eMail and text editing and I run
> Squeezebox Server on it. I happened to do some browsing when all of a
> sudden the PC went into suspend. From the time that passed it looks
> like that it happened 45 mins (the default value for "idle") after the
> last "event" which was power-on of the PC. Didn't touch any of the
> Squeeze Boxes that are connected to the SBS after power-on by
> SvrPowerControl. Could it be that the "Allowed system idle time" is
> actually behaving as "Allowed Squeezebox Players idle time"? I mean
> obviously did my moving the mouse and using FF and interacting with my
> PC to browse the internet not prevent the PC to go into suspend. So
> looks like SvrPowerControl did put the PC into suspend after 45 mins
> even it was not idle. Any idea? Regards, JuergenSrvrPowerCtrl's system idle
> monitor is really designed to replace your
computer's stock power manager _ONLY_ when the computer is being used
as a single-purpose audio/video server.  If your computer has a
multi-purpose role, then turn off SrvrPowerCtrl's idle system
monitoring and rely on the operating system's built-in power management
along with the squeezebox server PreventStandby plugin.  This isn't
ideal.  SrvrPowerCtrl with system idle monitoring does offer some
features not available this way, e.g. scheduling system wakeups for
alarms, etc.  I have thought about writing an external system
power-state monitor utility for Windows that would add this
functionality back in, but I haven't had the time yet.

--
gharris999