Apesbrain;644052 Wrote:
> Have been running SCPowerTool under WinXP for some time but lately have
> noticed I often have multiple instances of it running at the same time.
> Just now I opened my Task Manager and there were four instances.  Is
> this normal?  Thanks.This can happen if you have an alarm or EOD action set,
> suspend the
server and then wake it up prior to the alarm/EOD.  SCPowerTool.exe is
still there in the background, in a sleeping state waiting for it's
system timer to fire and wake the system.  I suppose I should really
modify the scpowertool source code so that it can decide if that timer
is still needed if it senses a wake-up and exit cleanly.  But in the
mean time, here is a simple work around:

As far as I know, there is no "kill" command native to  windows.  But
if you get the free SysInternals utilities from Microsoft, there is
pskill.exe which can do in a spurious instance of scpowertool.exe.
Basically, in the SrvrPowerCtrl settings, you'd set the On-wakeup
Actions->Optional on-wakeup command to something like:

Code:

  c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe start /B starthidden.exe pskill.exe
scpowertool.exe

..or something.  I haven't tested this.  Care to be the guinea pig?

--
gharris999