erland;658486 Wrote:
> The problem on the Sheevaplug was that it was also slow when browsing
> and that really needs to be solved for it to work on low power
> hardware.

I did not speak about to do the job directly on this low power
hardware. I speak about to implement from beginning that the app can be
installed on a power hardware somewhere inside the Network and do the
job from there to an external squeezeboxserver.

For example. The NAS where is running the SBS have to low power to do
this, but my joggler have enough power to do it. Or my EEE Box or my
EEE PC.

Joggler is allways online in the kitchen but have if i am sitting in
Living room nothing to do or special during the night he can do the
Job. The low powered NAS what have a lot of people is also allways
online. Or my EEE PC with 1GB RAM and Atom CPU.
At a later point Logitech can do some developement also to let this job
doing the Touch or the radio like a etrayz i own or a synology. My
suggestion is from beginning to find a way that this app needs not
absolute to be stored and working on the same machine like the SBS is
located.

If you realy think about server client application think about a shared
user modell. Like a cluster that the maschines are able to share their
power what is necessary like in a cluster. If this application runs as
a server the place where the server should be located should be
independant.

Logitech runs the way to support that 2 radios you can buy are able for
stereo. If you have such a combination inside the Network of several
squeezeboxes let them realy but together their RAM and CPU Power to
help like inside a cluster to do this work together.

Something like this in all of honor your developement Erland is a
escape from your power consumting plugins. I do not use them like the
Ignaz plugin on normal use. if i need i put on my EEEBox that take the
Data from my NAS. But to find a way of shared CPU and RAM Power is
demonstrate in several projects. This idea will put the project to a
much higher level. And such applications are proved over the Internet
working anyways to share the power of differend PCs worldwide to help
to give a application the necessary power.

Keyword is Distributed Computing:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_computing
Cluster-Computing
Meta-Computing (Englisch)