Mnyb;658585 Wrote:
> Hmm ok, browsing genres and cue up albums to play that way is very slow
> using an iPad app.
> curiusly it works faster next attempt ?
> It's much slower than the normal sbs menu for the same thing.

The first time you browse after SMD server has been started is a bit
slow, 5-10 seconds in my setup, the reason is that the plugin in SBS
doesn't establish contact with the SMD server. Also, I think some of
the menu contents are cached on the perl side so if you access the same
menu twice without accessing a lot of other menus in-between, the second
time is going to be faster. Finally, some things are also cached on the
SMD server side, so this can also speed up a menu when it's accessed
the second time.

Mnyb;658585 Wrote:

> But no doubt performance optimisation is not yet a priority ?

Correct, unless someone volunteers and want to take a look at it. I
think all the current contributors are occupied in other areas at the
moment.

However, we are aware of that we need to do things to speed it up and
I'm sure it will get a lot faster before we are ready for a release. I
can't guarantee it will be as fast as SBS because of the architecture
with two server applications involved.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))
Interested in music discovery ? See 'Social Music Discovery (SMD)'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=656713) project.